Home    About     Contact      CV     Commission Info     SHOP 
Retirement for Artists 

Bayla Arietta

Mangrove Habitat

There are only a handful of areas left on Earth preserved to protect ecosystems and their inhabitants. 15% of land is included in the global protected area network, but Jones et al. (2018) found that a third of this area remains influenced by intensive human activity. Human pressures rapidly increase the number of endangered species due to habitat loss, hunting, climate change, and more. Of mangrove ecosystems, only an approximate 25% are globally protected, putting numerous obligate and reliant inhabitants at risk of extinction. The selection of vulnerable species in this painting represent the percentage of their protected habitat, the remaining 75% is reduced to bone.


Copyright © 2024, Bayla Arietta


* indicates required